Job Description for Early Childhood Coordinator (Parent Educator)
Full Time Position
Under the supervision of the Executive Director for Orangeburg County First Steps in partnership with Save the Children, the Early Childhood Coordinator (Parent Educator) will:
- Recruit prenatal families and children ages birth to three into the program.
- Develop, schedule and conduct the program activities, including home visiting, parent/child groups, toddler play groups, transition to school activities, and other programmatic activities.
- Organize and conduct regular (minimum of one per month) parent/child groups, in the elementary school when possible and feasible.
- Conduct child screenings and make referrals to community providers for follow-up assessment as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Associate degree in related field, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Experience with home visiting and group meetings
- Available and reliable vehicle for visiting families (mileage reimbursed)
- Available to work some weekends and evenings
- Competency with computers including previous experience with Windows programming and Internet use
- Experience with collecting data and program evaluation
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check as well as have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
This position requires candidate to pass a criminal background check upon hire.